HECG Board Meeting Minutes May 2016
May 16, 2016, 7PM at HECG
Matt Bradley, Web & IT Coordinator
Brenda Dunlap, Secretary
Erin Harns, Treasurer/Membership
Katie Lefeber Donahue, Garden Events Coordinator
Luke Manion, Vice President
Joan Gregory, President
President: Nothing to report
Vice President: Nothing to report
Secretary: Nothing to report
- Banking has been transferred to Erin. Stephanie will be transferring Paypal and the
ledger to Erin. Insurance fee increased to $437.50 because Greenseed dropped off our
policy. The garden will explore taking over its own insurance.
- Erin is receiving back statements, but online banking is not currently available. Erin will
call the bank to set that up. There are two debit cards. One will live with the treasurer and
the other with the garden president (Joan).
- One plot next to patio is still vacant.
Garden Events Coordinator:
- Katie has the sign-in sheets from 2 workdays but the 3rd work day was damp and there
was no sign-in sheet. She will log-in hours where she has complete info but some folks only
signed in (they didn’t include the amount of time they stayed). She’ll remind those who
worked to make sure their hours were logged in.
- Katie will email gardeners future reminders about works days ~ 1 week in advance and
also 1 day in advance.
- The Board agreed that gardeners should log their own work hours in the future. It
creates unnecessary work for the Board otherwise.
- Katie will begin to contact gardeners to lead workday starting with gardeners who have
not logged any work hours yet.
- Katie plans to coordinate a garden social for June and we discussed ideas. Per Erin, the
Homebrew Association wants to hold a social at HECG and invite gardeners. Erin and Katie
will contact them about setting it up. Katie will solicit other ideas from gardeners and also
contact Nicole who wanted to host a social at one point.
- Erin will set up a date for a water training happy hour
- Matt will lead 5/19/2016 Wine & Weeding event. The goal will be weeding vacant plot on the west side of the patio. Other priority is Bermuda grass on patio against the wood and the East perimeter area
- Matt will send an email to gardeners with instructions on accessing HECG content in
HECG google group since he has finished setting it up. He will also start a google sheet of
Board members contact info.
- Luke will purchase a fire dragon estimated at $40 to torch the patio weeds. He’ll email Erin the receipt for reimbursement. Because it might be unsafe to house it in the shed, he will store it for HECG.
- Mrs. Gold’s request: could be link spamming or a teacher’s outreach. Everyone disliked that it’s affiliated with a corporation. Erin will add a shout-out on the home-page recent blog posts and respond to Mrs. Gold that we will not link the article.
- Plot check: Luke will contact Gene Kim and Chris Forney and ask them to weed their plots. Kimberly Kennedy will decide by Friday 5/20/2016 if she’s going to continue her plot and will weed it if she stays.
- Katie will call 311 for bulk pickup of discarded boards and broken chairs & umbrellas. We suggested putting the discarded tomato cages in the alley for the metal recycler. Matt will assist if Ryan needs assistance moving items in preparation for pickup.
- Erin will purchase nematodes since it’s still cool enough.
NEXT MEETING: Monday June 20, 2016 at 7PM at HECG (all gardeners are welcome to attend)
Check out HECG online: https://hilleastgarden.org/
Like us on FB https://www.facebook.com/hilleastgarden/?fref=ts