If you are hoping to sow seeds early in the season, and start your garden truly from scratch, then I have put together a guide covering the many essential posts from the Garden Therapy Seed Starting Series. 41 more words
Mark your calendars from 2:00pm to 4:00pm on March 5 and join your fellow gardeners at the Capitol Hill Northeast Neighborhood Library at 330 7th St., NE. Meet your 2016 Board Members and learn what’s new for Hill East Community Garden in 2016.
Hill East Community Garden—Board Meeting January 11, 2016
- Nicole Shank-President no update
- Lucie Anan-Vice President NOT IN ATTENDANCE emailed notes
- Jennifer Shoemaker-Garden coordinator NOT IN ATTENDANCE
- Erin Harms-Membership renewal update (see below)
- Joan Gregory-Secretary no update
- Stephanie Spahlinger–Treasurer one bill paid (Go Daddy for website renewal)
–Annual meeting March 5
- At NE Capitol Hill Library (330 7th Street NE) 2-4pm March 5th
- Tentative Agenda
o Annual report from each officer
o State of the garden
- New rules on work hours
- Planned work days for 2016
o New officer slate (There is still time to throw your hat in the ring, please email any officer to get details!)
o Vote on new board members
o Speaker TBD
–Renewal application and status to send
- Erin is in the process of creating a new form for garden renewals. We will now accept PayPal to pay your 2016 fees!
- Renewals will be sent out within the next week and be due back by February 14.
- We have over 100 people on the wait list. It is imperative that renewals are sent in in a timely fashion. If not, you run the risk of losing your plot.
- On that note, all folks on the wait list now will be kept. Going forward we will have boundaries to make sure we are keeping our community garden within our community. New boundaries are being worked on and will be voted on at the next meeting.
Gardeners Brenda Dunlap and Matt Bradley were in attendance as prospective new board members.
Please contact any board member if you have an interest in being on the board.
Next Meeting February 17, 2016.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled
- 2 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix together olive oil, lime juice, coriander, salt and pepper. Combine with shrimp. Marinate for 30 minutes.
Grill shrimp on skewers for one minute per side, or sauté in a pan.
- 2 ripe mangos cut in 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 cans rinsed and drained black beans
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 6 scallions, trimmed and minced
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
Mix all ingredients together except shrimp. Adjust seasoning with salt and lime juice as necessary. Add shrimp and toss.